Monday, October 19, 2009

Question of the Week: Double Standard in Realtionships...


I've contemplating this subject for a while now and would like some real answers. Now im 21 years old and have had my fair share of relationships, some turbulent and some pretty good. But from those relationships i've noticed something. Being young and in a realtionship is hard enough but when cheating becomes a factor it makes things even more tricky. But for some reason when a guy cheats it seems natural that the girl will take him back and forgive him you know because he's a guy and "boy's will be boys" or whateva. But when a girl cheats the guys seem to be a little less forgiving, a little more cold and judgemental. Everyone is so quick to call the girl a hoe but is she really? If a girl and a guy do the same thing, in this case cheating, shouldn't it be treated the same? I've been in a situation where my boyfriend has cheated on me, even got someone pregnant (fortunately we aren't together anynore!) but I knew if I had retaliated by cheating on him the relationship would have surely ended once he found out and I would have been labled a hoe. Now I'm no angel, I have cheated also in the past and of course I was called a hoe because I was with someone other than my boyfriend at the time. But he was doing the same thing but of course, because I am a girl, I'm the one who gets the label. It all just seems like a competition, who can hurt who first, and the girl usually loses...Why???

No comments:

Post a Comment